Sunday, September 9, 2012

Unblocked: whew!

I started noticing it a couple of weeks ago: I'm writing again.

The writing started sneaking up on me in various forms: Facebook posts, a FoldingStory entry or two, comments on others' blogs, emails to friends. Suddenly, there was a blog post for one of my other blogs.

And now this.

I have to admit, I'm relieved. I'm too skeptical to launch into a full-blown celebration, but I am hopeful enough to breathe out a sigh and gear up for just letting it happen again. I've come to realize that my writing might be cyclical, that it might have phases like the moon. I have to be okay with that. I have to accept it.

Acts of creation take time and patience -- and a kind of energy flow that's been missing as I've determinedly slogged through my professional writing in a dogged commitment to deliver on what my clients pay for. It's been painful, these past months. But I've learned a lot, grown a lot, and am now ready to write. Create. Speak my own words and deliver my own message. And I think it will help me deliver the messages of others, ultimately. Creating works that way.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment